to join our Origination and Communication Unit at The Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO), which is an international financial institution established by the Nordic Governments in 1990. NEFCO finances investments in small and medium-sized projects mainly in Eastern Europe for the purpose of generating positive environmental effects of particular interest to the Nordic region. The Nordic Project Fund (Nopef) is administered by NEFCO with the aim of promoting the internationalisation of Nordic small and medium-sized enterprises.
• Identifying and evaluating new project opportunities for funding, primarily within the SME-sector in Finland and the other Nordic countries
• Meeting with potential clients, evaluation of grant applications, preparation of funding proposals for approval, and monitoring of approved projects under implementation
• Promotion of Nopef and NEFCOs other financing instruments in the Nordic countries, as well as establishing and maintaining relationships with private and public stakeholders and partners
• Supporting the Investment unit in identifying project opportunities within the environmental sector suitable for funding from NEFCOs Investment Fund
• The position may also include the project management and development of approved projects in NEFCOs countries of operation
• A masters degree in economics, or other relevant field
• At least 5 years of relevant experience, preferably within international business
• Spoken and written fluency in English, Finnish and Swedish (or another Scandinavian language). Knowledge of Russian or Ukrainian is an asset
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical skills and command of MS Office tools
• Previous experience of project management is considered an advantage.
This permanent, full-time position will be based in Helsinki, Finland. Additional information concerning this position can be provided by: Mikael Reims, Senior Manager, Head of Origination and Communication (NEFCO switchboard: +358 10 618 003).
NEFCO collaborates with the Nordic Investment Bank (NIB) on administrative and personnel matters. To apply, please submit your application through NIBs recruitment system no later than 17 April 2017. Please note that the screening of applications and the interview process will start immediately, so we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.